100 Tweets: Thinking About Law Practice in 140 Characters or Less.

I really like Twitter.  For those who follow me, you know that I try to share lots of legal-themed tips, thoughts and ideas.  In fact, most of my Ten Rules posts started out on Twitter — where I’ll test 15-25 “rules” to see which ones work best before picking the ten favorites.

However, there’s lots of stuff that lives on Twitter now that used to live here on the blog.  And since I don’t expect everyone reading this to follow me there (or go back and read through my 2000+ Twitter messages), I decided to compile a “Best Of” list of my favorite tweets.

So, here (in .pdf form) is a little e-book I’ve titled:  100 Tweets: Thinking about Law Practice in 140 Characters or Less.  It contains my favorite 100 tweets, in no particular order, and should give you a sense of what I share on Twitter that you don’t always see here.

If you enjoy it, and would like to follow me on Twitter, I’ll see you there.

10 Responses to 100 Tweets: Thinking About Law Practice in 140 Characters or Less.
  1. Rob Suarez
    May 4, 2009 | 9:57 am

Great e-book! This is definitely “Kindle” material – read>apply>repeat!

2. Keith
    May 4, 2009 | 3:24 pm

Matt – you’re using WordPress to populate your blog, right? Have you considered adding a twitter widget so we can see your tweets right here?

3. Robert Labossiere
    May 5, 2009 | 8:57 am

love the premise of 140 character legal advice, but find them too directed at lawyers. how about directing them more at clients? like

“If you don’t pay your lawyer, you will go to jail.”

“Legal aid will help you, but don’t expect to enjoy it.”

“Legal aid lawyers are just as smart and actually believe you.”

“If you hire an asshole to represent you, don’t expect him to treat you any different.”

4. Lilyhill
    May 6, 2009 | 7:22 am

How clever! Great tips, starting with #1.

5. Peter Huang
    May 6, 2009 | 9:34 am

As for #97, I agree that the ability to smoothly disengage from a conversation at a networking event (without making a bad impression) is a very useful skill. Do you have “ten rules” on this topic?

6. John S. Gillies
    May 6, 2009 | 1:20 pm

This is a great resource. You may wish, however, to check the grammar of #51, which currently reads, “If there’s an industry who’s members you serve …” but should read “an industry whose members …”

7. lucas law center
    June 22, 2009 | 10:17 pm

hey matt thanks a lot for the lovely article and the tips was very cool. I will follow u up on twitter.

LLC

8. Cherry Emery
    September 18, 2009 | 6:30 am

Matt thanks a lot for such a nice article . I appreciate it and i will meet you on twitter .

link to legallaw.sosblog.com

9. Naegle Law Firm
    July 2, 2013 | 8:36 pm

I love this idea of revisting your previous content. Picking your top 100 out of more than 2000 tweets must have been difficult. Did you go off your instinct or strictly off twitter interactions?

• Matt Homann
      July 5, 2013 | 12:56 pm

I actually did a mix of both — using my favorites as well as the most retweeted and favorited.