Brainzooming has a list of 29 phrases commonly used to shoot down innovative ideas. If you’re a lawyer, how many of these have you heard in your firm? And when you’re advising clients, how many have you used to discourage their key initiatives and squash their plans?
Here are a few I hear from lawyers all the time:
- We’ve never thought of that before
- We don’t know how to do that
- Things are crazy busy right now
- We don’t have the right people on board
- We’ve done something similar before
- I don’t see how we can pull it off
- Nobody in our industry has ever done anything like that
- We’re already trying something else
- No customers are asking for that
- It’s not in the budget
- We don’t have time for that
Check out the entire list. Any you’d add? Any your clients hear regularly from you?