There’s a web-based serviced called UpdateMyVC, which purports to automate a startup’s communication with its investors. What I really liked is the list of questions that get answered in the monthly update. Here are a few:
- What milestones or accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What are the things you’re most disappointed about?
- How is the business / product performing?
- Did you close any notable deals / partnerships?
- What opportunities are in the pipeline?
- Were any key employees hired or fired?
- Any notable press mentions?
- Where do you need the most help from your investors and advisors?
Several of the questions could comprise a fantastic template to use with your business clients every time you sit down and speak with them about their businesses. Any you’d add to the list?