Online retailer Zappos is well known for its commitment to company culture and customer service, going so far as to offer new hires $2000 after their first few weeks on the job to quit if they don’t like their new jobs. They also share quite a bit about how they hire so well, and have posted their Core Values Interview Assessment Guide (.pdf), which includes the interview questions they ask prospective hires.
Here are a few of their interview questions related to customer service:
- What does great customer service mean to you?
- In your last job, how did you know if your customer was satisfied?
- Give an example of a time you went above and beyond, why did you do it? Any regrets?
- What’s the best work-related compliment you’ve ever received?
- What’s something that you did at work that maybe no one else knew about but you are very proud of?
- Tell me about a time you came up with an innovative solution to a problem.
- Tell me who you think is the most unconventional person you have worked with. Do you think they were successful? Did they do a good job?
Check out the entire list of questions. Adding a few of these to your next round of interviews might help you to hire better lawyers and staff.